We're excited for your event! Fundraisers like yours not only raise funds and awareness, they also bring the community together in a special way. Please refer to our Zendesk documentation product guide for detailed instructions. This provides a general overview of the process.
We offer a free online training for Event-a-Thon so you can get a running start. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule. Overview of the process is:
- Create the event in "Add Event" tab under "PFP/Event-a-Thon"
- Our system will generate an event site with a template you can customize with our editor. At this time you need to send us a new photo. You cannot update the background image yourself. However, if you have a web developer or designer and want to change this section, use the update wrapper option. This must be done before continuing setup.
- Update "Default Team Page" with text and photos. You will find the link under "Find/Edit Events" and selecting your event.
- If charging a registration fee or collecting t-shirt information, use the "PFP/Event-a-Thon" - "Add ticket" link.
- Update emails (there are 4 - Donation, Start a Team, Join a Team and Individual signup). If charging a fee or collecting t-shirt info you can update the receipt as well.
- Test the platform and when ready hide the Default Team from the team list. DO NOT DELETE. If you delete, it will remove functionality. We suggest creating a new team if you want a catch all team for the event. Think of the Default as a template.
- You can view transaction data in the "Reports" tab. Be sure to select type (registration or donation).
- To move participants between teams go to "Teams" and click "Edit" next to the individual you want to move.
- Once your event is up and running you might get some checks or cash donations. You can enter these in the "Offline Donations" tab.
A Few Fundraising Tips
Over one third of all online donations come from social fundraising so a successful fundraiser will utilize social media for signups and encourage participants to share, share, share!
- Message to participants the importance of personalizing their fundraising page with their own message and even images. This will help them raise more as people feel more connected.
- Encourage participants to share on social media! We can't stress enough how effective and essential this is for your event's success. Provide them with text suggestions for posts and appeals.
- Check in regularly with participants via email or phone (weekly or bi-weekly). Developing a relationship with team captains is especially important for ongoing success.